13 Jul Call for Workshop Proposals for MODSIM2021
We invite you to submit workshop proposals for the International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM2021).
For MODSIM2021, the term “workshop” broadly refers to a session of more than two individuals that is not accompanied by a formal paper(s) submission. Workshops can serve multiple purposes, such as collaborative paper writing, capacity building (e.g. tutorials), roundtable discussions and panels etc. The particular format of the workshop is decided by the workshop organisers. All workshops must have a point of contact who handles all the enquiries and workshop registrations. MODSIM2021 will assist in the advertising for any workshop but the organiser will need to arrange a venue and manage all other aspects of the event. Rooms at the University of Sydney can be made available. The workshop organisers will need to pay for any audio/visual equipment and catering if they are needed.
Given the COVID situation, organisers will need to adhere to all NSW health restrictions, guidelines and orders, as well as the local University of Sydney provisions. Therefore, workshop organisers need to be prepared to move workshops fully on-line or be able to accept a lower number of participants and run hybrid options.
Workshops will run on Friday 10th December 2021. Workshop organisers can determine the timing and length of each workshop.
Please email your proposal by 31 August 2021 to email@example.com, and include the information below along with any other you think useful for advertising and running your workshop. We will use this information to schedule the workshop in the congress program and advertise the workshop on the MODSIM2021 website.
- Short description (purpose, format, activities, target audience etc.)
- Length of the workshop
- Do you plan an in-person or virtual workshop, or a hybrid?
- Clear outline of what attendees will take out of the workshop
- Workshop organisers
- Point of contact for correspondence about the workshop details (name, email address)
- Workshop registration and logistics details
- Do attendees need to register for the workshop? How should they do this?
- Will you charge anything for people to attend?
- Due date for registration?
- Is the number of attendees capped? If yes, what is the expected number?
- What are your plans for a venue? If virtual or hybrid, what access to software/hardware do you need?
- Is catering required? Please note you will need to organise this.
- Do you need any additional audio/visual equipment? You need to make sure your venue can supply this.